27 Nov 5 ways to boost your B2B email engagement
To create effective B2B email campaigns, you need to follow some best practices that can help you:
- Capture the attention and interest of your target audience by highlighting key pains that you can solve
- Deliver relevant and valuable content that helps them to understand potential ROI and business outcomes
- Offer social proof of where you have solved similar problems for other similar companies
- Persuade them to take the next step and move them through the sales funnel
- Build trust and rapport with them and nurture them until they are ready to buy
Here are just some of the best practices for B2B email marketing to help improve your engagement
1. Use a catchy and clear subject line that encourages them to open your email. Your subject line should be between 28 and 50 characters long, and it should convey, a pain, the main benefit or value proposition of your email. For example, “How to increase your sales productivity by 25%” or “The ultimate guide to B2B email marketing”.
2. Personalise your email content and keep it conversational. Use your recipient’s name, company name, industry, or other relevant details to make your email more relevant and engaging. Nowadays, it is better to write in a friendly and professional tone, and avoid jargon and technical terms.
3. Use between 50 and 125 words of text. Keep your email content concise and focused on the main message and goal of your email. Avoid unnecessary or irrelevant information that might distract or confuse your reader. Use bullet points, subheadings, and white space to make your email easy to scan and read.
4. Answer three key questions: What are you offering? How will it help the reader? What should they do next? Your email content should clearly answer these three questions to persuade your reader to take action.
5. Send out one to five emails per month. The frequency of your email campaigns depends on your audience, your goals, and your content. However, a general rule of thumb is to send out one to five emails per month to avoid spamming or annoying your target audience. You should also test and monitor your email open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates to find out the optimal email frequency for your audience.
These are just some of the best practices for B2B email marketing that can help you create effective and engaging email campaigns. By following these tips, you can increase your email open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, and generate more leads and sales for your business.
Although email marketing can be a highly effective way of targeting and engaging your audience the return is multiplied when it is combined with other outreach channels. Incognate’s REACH approach adopts a highly focused omni-channel method for getting you in front of the right people at the right time.
Some of our insights that might interest you
In a rapidly evolving B2B landscape, adapt to shifting work trends and skyrocket your email outreach success. Discover 5...22 January, 2024